Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pond View Restaurant

Very sad to hear that Pond View Restaurant in Kingston, NH is up for auction June 5, 2008.



Many fond memories at this restaurant including the riding the paddle boats around the pond and feeding the ducks.



Pond View Restaurant


I saw your Boston post yesterday and thought I was seeing things! I didn%26#39;t know that, that%26#39;s too bad. WOW that was part of going to New Hampshire for SO many of us for years. I know a couple of people that had their wedding receptions at the Pond View. What a change this will be for SO many of us...





So many changes every where you look...





In another town in New Hampshire, they have this really neat movie theater as you drive in to the town. It%26#39;s closing at the end of the year for good, the owners are putting a CVS in it%26#39;s place, do you believe it? A big CVS complex is taking its place (yikes!) A lot of us can NOT believe this is taking place right before our eyes. Unfortunately, there%26#39;s nothing any of us can do about it, it%26#39;s a done deal.





Such a downright shame, isn%26#39;t it?



Pond View Restaurant


NoMo-



What movie theater and what town?



I am seeing so many places closing these days....




The Hampton Cinema, right in the center of town as you drive through. It%26#39;s closing at the end of this year and a CVS is being put there, do you believe it. Where the cinema is now, there%26#39;s not enough room evidently to put a stadium seating type of theater, so they%26#39;re tearing it down and putting this pharmacy there instead. SO many people can%26#39;t believe they%26#39;re doing this, but they ARE, and like I said, it%26#39;s a done deal, it%26#39;s just so sad to see this going on everywhere.






NoMO, I have not been to that cinema. I will do my best to get there before it closes. I love ';Mom and Pop'; places including theaters. My husband and I love to go to Newburyport%26#39;s ';Screening Room.'; We occasionally go to ';The Wilton Town Hall Theatre'; in Wilton%26#39;s, NH, ';The Regent Theatre'; in Arlington, MA, or Hollywood Hits in Danvers, MA.



My kids love me to take them to Chunky%26#39;s in Haverhill, MA, Nashua, or Pelham, NH.



Sorry this theater is being taken over by yet another retail giant.




Good news, the Pond View is now Rick%26#39;s Pond View. It opened in November. http://www.ricksgrille.com/pond_view.html




That%26#39;s IS great news, I put this one on the agenda again, thank you for the great tip!




Has anyone been to the ';new'; Pond View yet? Is is worth a visit? My Mother-in-Law will be visiting us in May and she has fond memories of the place. Are you still able to use the paddle boats in the back?





NoMo,



I finally made it to the Hampton Cinema this past February. I was surprised it was still open. Unfortunately two weeks later, it shut down forever:(




I still haven%26#39;t been to the new Pond View, it%26#39;s on the back burner at the moment, may be during the summer we%26#39;ll get to it.





They didn%26#39;t waste any time ripping the Hampton Cinema down either, once it closed for good a few weeks ago! It%26#39;s all gone %26amp; it took NO time at all for the guys to do it. They%26#39;re putting a CVS there %26amp; also a bank from what we%26#39;re hearing. Hopefully the CVS will be like the one in Salisbury Ctr., it%26#39;s beautiful believe it or not, you know what I mean? The outside of it is pretty nice. It%26#39;s the white trim %26amp; grey paint, very New Englandy looking. Hopefully when they do this one it%26#39;s like that and NOT the ugly brick boring ones all over the place that we see everywhere in creation! We%26#39;re hoping the bank is like the nice, beautiful one in Salisbury too! You know that stone one they have there, have you ever seen it? It%26#39;s the First %26amp; Ocean National Bank one with all the stone work on it, it%26#39;s really a beauty to look at! I think it might be a TDNORTH bank now or something. I haven%26#39;t driven by it in a while. Well, we%26#39;re hoping it%26#39;s either that type when they build it up here OR like the Provident Bank, they do a good job with those new ones now too! We shall find out soon enough I%26#39;m sure! So stay tuned....




Rick%26#39;s Pond View is EXCELLENT! I used to work for Rick at his other restaurant in Kingston and he is not only a great guy, but an amazing chef. He gave the Pond View a very much needed sprucing up. The place was becoming a little out of date.





I miss Hampton Cinemas already :(

No comments:

Post a Comment