Monday, December 12, 2011

elopement help

I am so desperate for any help on finding a beautiful small wooden white church set in gorgeous surroundings for my fiancé and i to elope to.





We don%26#39;t have a huge budget, but we have enough if you get my meaning.





We want to stay in a place where we can get pampered and have good service - spa%26#39;s, dinner etc.





So in all we want small church, great accommodation, and fab scenery.





Any help welcomed xx



elopement help


I was married at the Little White Church in Eaton, NH. It does not have a regular congregation or pastor - you bring your own. You can rent it for $400/day. It%26#39;s set on a lake in a tiny little village, and is just lovely.





http://www.littlewhitechurch.com/





There are some nice smaller resorts in the N. Conway/Jackson area, or you could head up to Bretton Woods.



elopement help


I usually have more info on slopes than elopes but having traveled thru NE, one of the prettiest towns is Weston, VT. It has the quintessential village green with a white church. Here is a website that I never knew existed that may be of assistance.



There is the same in Jackson, NH. There are lots of great places to stay in either place.



weddingmapper.com/wedding_vendors/…





A third option is Manchester, VT. manchester-vermont.com/manchestervthistory.h…




What time of year are you planning to elope? There are several chapels that are on lakes but are not open during the winter. One in Marlborough NH on Stone Pond comes to mind that is exceptionally pretty.




I read her post in the Boston forum and I believe it was April.





You can also hire a justice of the peace and go to an outdoor setting. Not necessarily a church. My husband and I renewed our vows in Maine in October. I picked the place meaning city or town that I wanted to do it and then googled juctice of the peace York Maine. I had several options to choose. From there we worked it out via email as it was a surprise for my husband for our 20th anniversary. She helped pick the park for us, picked up flowers for me, etc. Seeing we were already married it wasn%26#39;t a problem. It will be more involved in your case because you%26#39;ll need a marriage license. But nothing is impossible. Just narrow down your area, find a jp or minister and go from there. If you are looking at April you need to get something in motion soon. You%26#39;ll have to contact to city or town hall in the place that you want to get married. Some have waiting periods. Good luck to you.




There is a white church in Sugar Hill NH. And I think it is one the corner of Lover%26#39;s Lane!! Sugar Hill has one of the best views in NH. Just Google church in Sugar Hill NH




I got married in a little white church in Jackson, NH. The area is beautiful and the minister/pastor was a great guy and really funny. He is on you tube.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bslwgFm_eKw





We had our reception/stayed at the Inn at Thorn Hill - rooms, service, food pampering all first class!!





We got married during mud season (April) since everything was cheaper then....

No comments:

Post a Comment