Monday, December 12, 2011

Neat webcam photo of Ravines

A great way to see what is happening in MWV is to check out the webcams at Mountwashington.org



Right now, there is a great picture of the fog rolling over the summit and down thru the ravines





www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/ravines/





Neat webcam photo of Ravines


Thanks for the link. It%26#39;s always cool to see what%26#39;s going on up there.



Just yeaterday I walked into the Costco store in Prescott AZ. As usual they had dozens of large screen HDTV sets in the aisles near the front entry. I looked at the images and they were featuring a loop from the Travel Channel about the Mt Washington Valley. I stood and watched for about 5 minutes as all of the screens showed me images of a snow covered Mt Washington and the surrounding region. All home turf.



Neat webcam photo of Ravines


Whenever it is really cold here in the southern part of the state I like to go to the Mt Wash site to see the pics and look at the outrageously low temps (it makes me feel better).





It%26#39;s a fun site!






It helps me feel connected almost every day. It really is amazing to see a beautiful sunset from the summit and then click on the Wildcat cam and it is a miserable rainy day in the valley or bright sunshine to the West and total fog to the North.





I am going to put together some links and ask TA if it can be made a sticky. Please feel free to contribute. You guys are a heck of alot more knowledgeable than me.


  • acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment